At Somerset Parent Carer Forum C.I.C we strongly believe that all parent carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities should have the opportunity to have their voice heard. Therefore all our engagement events, surveys and focus groups are open to all parent carers in Somerset. This section contains information about the various ways you can get involved and the benefits of becoming actively involved with the forum.
The benefits of joining the forum mailing list
Our mailing list is open to parent carers and practitioners who work with them. Benefits of being on the mailing list include:
- Access to exclusive events
- Early access to event booking
- A free newsletters which keeps you up to date with opportunities for you to help shape local and national services
- Information on social events such as coffee sessions where you can meet other parent carers
- Access to our text message service to remind you about an event so you don’t miss them; we know how busy the life of a parent carer is
- Early access to updates on the forum work and what is happening in local area
Ways to get more involved with the work of the forum
At the forum we are always looking for additional parent carers to get involved with the work of the forum. We appreciate any time that you can give to support getting the voice of parent carers heard. This can take the form of a one off piece of work or an ongoing commitment. Ways you can get involved range from raising awareness of the forum with other parents to attending meetings to represent the views of local families.
We offer a range of support and training to enable you to be confident to do the role you are interested in. We also know that things can change quickly in the lives of parent carers so please do not let this put you off; we have systems in place to support this and you can always stop if you need to. If you are interested in getting involved please complete an expression of interest and we will get intouch.