Children and young people are being exposed to information and misinformation about the Coronavirus, from many sources. This page provides links for parents to help them talk to their children without terrifying them.
The following links provided information which you might find useful when preparing to talk to your child or young person:
- Coronavirus: Keep it simple, stick to facts – how parents should tell kids. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51734855
- Talking to kids about the coronavirus https://childmind.org/article/talking-to-kids-about-the-coronavirus/
- Young Minds – Talking to your child about Coronavirus and 10 tips from their Parents Helpline to support family wellbeing: https://youngminds.org.uk/blog/talking-to-your-child-about-coronavirus/
- Place2Be have produced a guide to helping parents answer questions from their children and to support family wellbeing: https://www.place2be.org.uk/about-us/news-and-blogs/2020/march/coronavirus-information-for-children/
Below are some resources which might be useful to help you.
- Mencap have created an easy guide which can be accessed here
- Free downloadable Social story on Coronavirus created by Amanda McGuinness
- Carol Grey has also produced a social story which can be accessed here.
- The National Autistic Society have produced some information fro families which can be accessed here.
- Beating the Virus guide