Within this section you will find the details of how you can have your voice heard including details of any events taking place.
At Somerset Parent Carer Forum C.I.C we strongly believe that all parent carers of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities should have the opportunity to have their voice heard. Therefore all our engagement events, surveys and focus groups are open to members and no members.
We know how busy life as a parent carer is and how we have to juggle many different things to ensure the needs of our children are being met. With this in mind we have lots of different ways for you to get involved these include:
- Engagement workshops – These are usually focused around a subject. The session normally starts with an update on any current work taking place or planned. They provide an opportunity to share your views alongside other parent carers and practitioners that work in the subject field.
- Case Studies – We are always looking for parents who are happy to share their experience via an in depth case study. We work with you to collect your experience so it can be shared to improve learning amount practitioners in Somerset, Regionally and Nationally. All case studies are anonymous and we do not share with anyone until you have agreed to the content.
- Surveys – We run a variety of surveys during the course of the year. These are ways for us to collect a large volume of anonymous views which we use to compile reports. We also use the results to influence discussions at strategic meetings.
- You voice feedback form – This form can be accessed at any time for you to share your views or experience on any subject you would like to. The form can be accessed here.
- Emails – We have a dedicated email address to collecting feedback. This can be used to give your views on any of the topics being discussed at the engagement events or to share your views on local services.
- Phone – If you would prefer to talk to someone about your experiences or views then you can leave a message on our answerphone 01458 259384 or text us on 07543 680365 and we will call you back.